iLasik Surgery Sydney
Today’s Most Innovative Laser Vision Correction Procedure
The introduction of the iLASIK Procedure means the wait for better vision is over.
- The iLasik Procedure has been used to treat more eyes than any other laser vision treatment available today.
- No other eye surgery procedure measures up to the iLASIK procedure, combining the world’s most advanced vision correction advancements into one safe and effective procedure.
- The iLASIK surgery Sydney goes beyond other procedures that you may have heard of to truly personalize your vision correction based on your precise, individual vision needs
- The latest addition to this platform is iDesign which is able to capture the most detailed map of the front of your eye, similar to analysing a finger print. Just like fingerprints, no two eyes are the same, and so no two eyes receive exactly the same treatment. This is exclusive to George Street Eye Laser Centre.
Technical Excellence At Every Step Of The iLASIK Procedure
The iLASIK Procedure should be performed by a qualified ophthalmologist, and combines two advanced lasers with a 3-D mapping process in one integrated procedure. No blades, needles or anything else that’s sharp are used. Prior to surgery scans are taken of the eye to be treated. This 3-D mapping captures your personalized refractive signature which, like a fingerprint, is unique to each of your eyes and provides the customized correction needed to personalize your iLASIK surgery Sydney treatment.
Next, a very thin, precisely measured flap of corneal tissue is created with a femtosecond laser called the IntraLase. This flap is folded back, and your personalized iLASIK Procedure is performed.
The iDesign system is able to identify landmarks in the eye which ensures that the treatment is perfectly aligned to the position of the eye and that the correct eye is being treated.
The Exceptional Laser Eye Surgery Results You’re Looking For:
- The iLASIK Procedure has earned US FDA approval to treat the broadest range of vision imperfections possible, including mild to severe nearsightedness, farsightedness and all types of astigmatism.
- The technology behind the iLASIK procedure helps eye doctors take more of their patients beyond 20/20 vision.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding iLASIK Eye Surgery
A thorough eye examination is needed to determine suitability but here is a great starting point
Who Is Suitable For iLASIK Surgery Sydney?
- Are 18 years of age and over.
- Have a stable prescription.
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have adequate corneal thickness and a reasonably regular corneal shape.
- Have eyes that are otherwise healthy.
What Does CustomVue Mean?
CustomVue is the name of the sophisticated imaging software used to drive the laser treatment of your eye. It is an advanced form of wave front guided treatment demonstrated to maximise the quality of vision with laser eye surgery. This treatment is made to treat the surface differences on the cornea. These are known as high and low order aberrations. The most advanced version of this, installed only a year or so ago, is called iDesign and is used to capture these images creating a fingerprint of the cornea which is usually taken on the day of consultation. This same picture is captured under the laser at the time of the iLASIK procedure and adjusted to ensure that you get the best treatment. Each treatment is custom made for your eyes. iDesign ensures that any rotation of the eye at the time of the procedure is adjusted for and that only the eye meant for the procedure is treated.
How Long Does The iLASIK Procedure Take?
iLASIK surgery Sydney takes about 20 minutes for both eyes. You do usually spend 2-3 hours in the clinic on the day of surgery.
Does iLASIK Procedure Hurt?
iLasik is pain free. In preparation for your procedure your eyes will be anaesthetised with local anesthetic in a form of drops. These eye drops are repeated throughout the procedure multiple times.